Holy Cross & St Alban, Brickendon
The chapel of Holy Cross & St Alban is located on the eastern side of the village of Brickendon (see map). Services are usually held at Holy Cross & St Alban on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. Full details of services in the Group.
|Churchwardens:||Mr G Gay. Telephone 01992 465304|
|Mr C Taylor. Telephone 01992 511041|
|PCC Secretary:||Mrs Sandra Maniez. Telephone 01992 511542|
|Treasurer:||Mrs E Gay. Telephone 01992 465304|
|Organist:||Mrs V Haryott. Telephone 01992 511575|
In 1932 Brickendon was transferred from the parish of All Saints, Hertford to the parish of Bayford. The field in which the chapel was to be built was marked by the setting up of a large oak cross in 1931. Designed by the architect W.F.Haslip, who had previously converted an old timber barn into a chapel, it was built using timber cut from trees on the Brickendon estate. The pews came from Ely Cathedral where the builders of the chapel were also carrying out alterations. The chapel was consecrated in 1933. The font was originally a sundial.